Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Memories...

I remember when my Dad used to take me tag saling.  We'd usually be the early birds and he just loved it. I'm not sure what he found so amazing about other people's junk, but we usually came home with loads of it!  I wasn't a huge fan but it was fun for me to do something with just my dad and I.

I remember how my dad always said that I was his "beautiful little girl." He was always telling me how pretty I looked and by the look in his eyes I always knew that he mean it with all his heart. 

I remember how my dad acted whenever I was sick.  My mom would tell him on the phone and he'd always want to talk to me.  He would ask me how I was doing, then when I would tell him that I wasn't feeling well, he'd always say, "oh, poor punkin."  I used to always make fun of him for the way he said "pumpkin".  Then, when he got home from work, he'd bring ginger ale and lots of candy for me.   Sometimes I just loved being "sick".


I remember how much my Dad loved his seltzer water.  The fridge was always filled with tons of it.  His favorite was grapefruit and they always reserved cases of it for him at the local supermarket.  

I remember how much my Dad loved action movies.  For a while, every night he would sit down to one of his favorite movies trying to figure out my headphones.  When he was sick he would often do the same, and I would be the one to set up the computer for him and even put his headphones on for him.

I remember making coffee for my dad every morning before I went to school.  How I would treasure the look on his face as he said to me, "thanks, punkin. I'll miss you when you're at school today." 

I remember, most of all, how much my daddy loved me.  He was always doing thoughtful things, showing me how much he loved me.  Somehow he made every one of us feel like his favorite.  The way his eyes would sparkle every time he said to me, "I love you".  Well, daddy, I love you too and miss you more than words can say.  R.i.p.    

No comments:

Post a Comment